Kitchenware made in Japan
This Japanese Vegetable Slicer or Mandoline as they are also known is made by Shimomura Kogyo in Sanjo, Japan. For fast vegetable preparation, you need look no further.
With its easy-grip handle, easy slide thickness adjuster, fine/medium and coarse Julienne comb blades, and the handguard for small or slippery vegetables this Slicer can do it all.
Unlike a lot of the other Mandoliness / Vegetable Slicers on the market, this slicer has the blade of a professional kitchen knife.
Cath and her Chefs at Wild Thyme Restaurant in Cairns trialed the slicer and it is now one of the most used kitchen utensils in their kitchen.
- Type – Vegetable Slicer / Mandoline
- Style – Handheld
- Blade – High Carbon Stainless Steel
- Cutting Width – 60mm
- Body Length – 325mm
- Body Width – 107mm
- Body Height – 30mm
- Weight – 360gm
In the Box –
- Vegetable slicer – adjustable cut from 0.5mm to 2.0mm
- Fine / Medium & Coarse easy fit Julienne Comb Blades
- Slicing guard (for small or slippery vegetables
Cleaning / Storage
- Before using for the first time wash thoroughly in warm soapy water.
- After using take out any Julienne comb blades and wash all parts in warm soapy water and dry well before storage. Do not use a scourer or washing brush as there is a risk of scratching the surface of the Slicer.
- Do not clean in a dishwasher or dish dryer. The Slicer may be deformed by the high temperatures.
- The slicer can be either stored in its packaging or hung on a rack.
- It is important to keep the slicer out of reach of children as the blade is very sharp.
- When using the Slicer with small vegetables or vegetables that are slippery, please ensure you use the Slicing Guard to protect your fingers.