This Whetstone holder is made in Sanjo, Japan, and has stainless steel rails and three non-slip rubber feet that provide extra purchase on the work surface. This whetstone holder can take stones of any width, and thickness from 180-220mm in length.
- Type – Adjustable Whetstone Holder
- Japanese Whetstone Base
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Rubber Front, Mid & Rear Whetstone Support
- Suitable for Stones 180mm to 220mm
- Size – 285 x 70 x 30mm (L x W x H)
- Packaging size – 300 x 80 x 50mm
- Weight – 645gm
- Made in – Sanjo, Niigata Japan
The main purpose of these holders is to provide non-slip support of your sharpening stone. The rubber feet and stainless-steel guides also allow you to suspend your whetstone in a water bath when not in use. However, with most of the Natural and synthetic stones, it is not recommended to leave them soaking in water for longer than the initial soak time of 3 to 10mins.
Having used this holder for my own Natural and Ohishi stones on a homemade bridge over my kitchen sink I can recommend it. My Amakusa Natural stone is 220mm long and fits in the holder perfectly with room left to tighten the feet to ensure the stone does not move.